Monday 5 April 2010

BCTF

With less than a week to go until the British Craft Trade Fair opens in Harrogate, I am getting rather excited. It will be my first time at the show, and having have heard such positive and lovely things about it, I cannot wait.


This week I will be busy making new designs for Summer, and will post some sneaky peeks pictures later in the week. I love doing the trade shows, I think it is one of my favorite things about my job, getting out there and meeting people and new stockists (and existing one's) who love your products as much as you do. I often find I live in my own little 'Handmade by Hayley' world, that completely takes over my life and I am utterly incapable of switching of from. Its nice to meet other crafters who suffer from the same, and that your not entirely alone in this.

I have posted a link to a lovely article by Melanie Muir, comparing the british craft shows to the American ones, I particularly like the part about the "craft family" and "instead of rowing their own little boats on the stormy seas of making a living, they all climbed into the bigger ship called “Craft” and rowed together in the hopes of surviving better and going farther and more successfully as a result."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hayley,

    What stand are you on at BCTF (I'm stand no 77). Try and catch up at some point.

    good luck with the show. I more or less organised - still have some things to do, but pretty relaxed about it (that's worrying!). Kathryn

    ReplyDelete